Kale Chips In Oven
When I heard that my five-year-old granddaughters requested their mother’s kale chips in oven recipe for their special birthday meal, I knew I needed to learn how to make them!
Easy Green Veggie Recipe
The recipe is super simple:
- Three ingredients (four if you add the optional Parmesan cheese)
- Five minutes to prep
- Ten minutes to cook
Click on the video below to watch or listen to instructions for the kale chips in oven recipe.
Kale Chips In Oven Recipe
Kale Chips In Oven
- 4 cups raw kale
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Wash the kale and remove the stiff rib from the middle of the leaves
- Tear into pieces onto an oiled baking sheet
- Pour olive oil over and massage oil into leaves
- Sprinkle salt over oiled leaves
- If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bake in pre-heated 400 degree oven until crispy, about ten minutes
How to Cook Vegetables
Do you resist cooking vegetables? Does it seem…too hard…messy…not worth the trouble?
It could be you’ve got the idea there are only three ways to eat green vegetables:
- Boil them till they’re dead. (Very common if you grew up in the southern United States.)
- Have salads every day.
- Blend them in smoothies.
Nothing wrong with any of these, but there are other ways! That’s what I’ve shown in a recent series of cooking videos on how to cook vegetables. If you missed the earlier ones, check out:
How to cook vegetables is a skill you can enjoy without spending hours in the kitchen.
Green Veggie Health Benefits
Green veggies are a good source of beta carotene, which is associated with lower levels of a blood indicator of inflammation called C-reactive protein. C-reactive protein in turn is linked to less accumulation of abdominal fat https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26256894/
A study published in the journal Neurology found that a diet containing approximately one serving of green leafy vegetables per day is associated with slower age-related cognitive decline. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29263222/
How to Make Vegetables More Flavorful
Post a comment below, and tell me your favorite tip. I’d love to learn from you!
©️ 2022 Healthy Habits Communications LLC