Recipe Spinach Balls A Quick and Easy Appetizer
This appetizer recipe for spinach balls is a fun way to eat green veggies without having to have a salad every day! The recipe spinach balls makes two dozen, which is great for a party. If you have left overs, re-heat four to six for a quick, satisfying lunch.
Green Veggie Recipe Spinach Balls
- 12 oz frozen leaf spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg freshly grated is best
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 9 dried apricots diced into 1/4 inch squares
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup corn meal
- Defrost spinach and press in sieve to remove liquid12 oz frozen leaf spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly butter a medium size baking sheet
- Break eggs into a large bowl and whisk until yolks and whites combine3 eggs
- Grate whole nutmeg into bowl to create approximately 1/2 tsp fresh nutmeg powder1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Add salt, garlic powder, sour cream, diced apricots and honey and blend well with spoon1 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 cup sour cream, 9 dried apricots, 1 tbsp honey
- Stir in cornmeal with spoon until evenly blended.1 cup corn meal
- Add spinach and mix all together
- Form into 2 inch balls using a small scoop. Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 for 18 minutes.
Click below to watch a YouTube cooking video with instructions for the recipe spinach balls.
What’s the Best Green Veggie?
The darker the color of the vegetable, the more likely it is to be packed with nutrients. That makes these some of my favorite green veggies:
- Other greens like mustard and turnip
- Swiss chard
- Brussel sprouts
The best green veggies for you are the ones you like, which means you’re most likely to enjoy them on a regular basis. For the children in your life, recipes like Margaret’s Specialty Kale Chips In Oven https://deborahrankinrd.com/kale-chips-in-oven/ are good. Adding a cheese sauce over broccoli or brussel sprouts, or offering ranch dressing in which to dip raw broccoli seems to make the food more fun, and taste better.
Foods to Eat To Lose Belly Fat
There are a number of reasons why experts often name spinach as a good food to eat to lose belly fat. https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1436534/how-to-get-rid-of-visceral-fat-diet-vegetables-collards-spinach-belly-fat
- Spinach contains fiber, which increases feelings of fullness or satiety and helps reduce other cravings
- Spinach is a good source of calcium, and individuals with better calcium status tend to accumulate less belly fat
- Spinach contains an antioxidant that may improve insulin sensitivity. Better insulin sensitivity=less likelihood your body produces extra insulin and increases your circulating insulin levels=metabolism shifts away from depositing fat
For more about the serious consequences of extra belly fat, go here: https://deborahrankinrd.com/calculate-waist-hip-ratio/
Try the Recipe Spinach Balls
Enjoy Your Food!
I believe food is good and eating is fun. On a scale of one to ten, how much do you enjoy eating green veggies? Post a comment below, and let me know your biggest challenge honoring your body with nutritious food.
What’s your most powerful motivation for better self care, wholeness, and health? Fill in the box below and get my free cheat sheet “MY WHY FOR HEALTH.”
©️ 2022 Healthy Habits Communications LLC